Saturday, March 19, 2016

Spring 2016 Amtrak Rail Adventure - Begins in One Week March 27

Seattle, Washington

Spring Amtrak Rail Adventure March 27-April 13


Sunday, March 27, is just one week away.  That's the day I begin my Spring Amtrak trip flying Southwest Airlines to New Orleans, LA.  After a couple days in New Orleans I travel on Amtrak from New Orleans to Seattle, WA, for a six night visit before returning to New Orleans on Amtrak.  April 13 I will fly home on Southwest Airlines to Nashville.  When I return home I will have traveled twice on Amtrak's City of New Orleans and once on three other Amtrak trains - the Empire Builder, Coast Starlight, and California Zephyr.  

That's the condensed version of my Spring Amtrak Rail Adventure.  For those interested, here is the detail itinerary.

Sunday, March 27 - Depart Nashville at 11:35 AM on Southwest Airlines to New Orleans,, LA.  I will spend two nights at the Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel.

Hilton New Orleans Riverside Hotel
Monday, March 28 - Free day to explore New Orleans.

Tuesday, March 29 - Board Amtrak's City of New Orleans for 1:45 PM departure to Chicago.

Me(Reagan) Boarding Amtrak's City of New Orleans in 2014
Wednesday, March 30 - Arrive Chicago Union Station 9 AM. Connect to Amtrak's Empire Builder for 2:15 PM departure to Seattle.

Thursday, March 31 - Traveling on board Empire Builder all day through North Dakota, Wyoming, Montana, and Idaho.

Amtrak's Empire Builder at Havre, Montana
Friday, April 1 - Arrive Seattle 10:30 AM.  Check in to Hilton Doubletree The Arctic Club Hotel for six nights stay.  

Saturday, April 2, to Wednesday, April 6 - Free time in Seattle.  While in Seattle I hope to visit with my great nephew Neil Owen and his family and also visit with Jacob and Kelly Moody and their three children.  Jacob and Kelly grew up in Nashville and were active in First Baptist Nashville's youth ministry when I was a youth Sunday School teacher.  I really enjoyed my visits with Jacob and Kelly during my 2013 Seattle trip.

Seattle's Smith Tower - Seattle's first skyscraper near Pioneer Square and my hotel The Arctic Club 

Thursday, April 7 - Board Amtrak's Coast Starlight for 9 AM departure to Sacramento, CA.

Friday, April 8 - Arrive Sacramento early morning to connect to Amtrak's California Zephyr to Chicago.

Saturday, April 9 - On board Amtrak's California Zephyr traveling through Utah and Colorado.

Sunday, April 10 - Arrive Chicago 2:50 PM.  Connect to Amtrak's City of New Orleans for 8:05 PM departure to New Orleans.

Monday, April 11 - Arrive New Orleans late afternoon.  Check in to Hilton Garden Inn (near) French Quarter for two nights.

Tuesday, April 12 - Free day in New Orleans.

Wednesday, April 13 - Late afternoon Southwest Airlines flight to Nashville.


Beginning Sunday, March 27, I hope to publish daily updates so that you can follow along with me on my Spring 2016 Amtrak Adventure to New Orleans and Seattle.  Some will be short Iphone generated updates and photos while I am aboard Amtrak trains and others will be laptop updates with some of my Canon camera photos especially while I am in Seattle.  I hope you enjoy keeping up with me.


My Next 2016 TRAVEL PLANS

Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15 - Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.


Yep, that's all I have officially planned for this calendar year.  Other trips will surely be planned including trips home to Louisiana to visit family.



You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the very top of email to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.