Sunday, March 27, 2016

Spring 2016 Amtrak Rail Adventure - Flight to New Orleans March 27

View of Mississippi River from my room at Hilton Riverside

Flight to New Orleans - Sunday, March 27


HE IS RISEN!  JESUS, MY LORD, IS RISEN INDEED!  Why I chose Easter Sunday to begin my Spring 2016 Amtrak Rail Adventure, I don't know.  I'm thankful my church Forest Hills Baptist Church has recently begun "streaming" our worship services on the Internet through a site named "Boxcast". So I just finished viewing and joining with my church for our Easter traditional worship service.  I was indeed blessed.  I will not post a link since there are still some technical complications watching the service "later" instead of "as the service is streamed.

Early this morning I drove to "Flight Park" in Nashville to leave my car and to catch my Southwest Airlines 11:35 AM flight to New Orleans.  All the one hour and half flight was either above or in the clouds and the flight was "bumpy" so there was no cabin service of refreshments.  It was not scary but just like riding on a rough road.  Even so we landed in New Orleans right on time and my Super Shuttle driver actually came to the baggage claim carousel to meet me. In New Orleans, Super Shuttle does not have vans but instead contracts with ExecuCar so, yes, I rode in as a single passenger in a black sedan.

Check in at the Hilton Riverside was quick and very customer service oriented and I am now in my room 2634 overlooking the Mississippi River.  Tomorrow is a free day in New Orleans. If the rainy weather stops, I'll be out and about.  I'll take a few photos and post another update tomorrow night before I start my three night Amtrak train ride to Chicago and on to Seattle.

Here are a few photos from my travel day today.


A Southwest Airlines airplane departing from Nashville



The view from my seat on Southwest Airlines today - Clouds all the way

View in the cabin of my flight from my seat

Finally, a view -- Lake Pontchartrain Causeway  

Crossing Mississippi River while landing - City scape in in background 

Ship heading up the Mississippi River as we flew over

Mississippi River views from my room at Hilton Riverside

Another view of Mississippi from my room

That's the Creole Queen right below my room

I'm looking forward to the next 17 days riding Amtrak sleeper cars and visiting Seattle for six nights.  Hope you will enjoy keeping up with me.

Prayer Request - Pray for my brother-in-law Bobby and my sisters in Benton-Bossier City, LA.  Bobby is scheduled for heart bypass surgery Monday, April 11, in Northwest Louisiana.  



My Next 2016 TRAVEL PLANS

Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15 - Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.


Yep, that's all I have officially planned for this calendar year.  Other trips will surely be planned including trips home to Louisiana to visit family.



You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the very top of email to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.