Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Family Christmas in Louisiana December 2015

Christmas Tree at Sisters' Louisiana Home

Family Christmas in Louisiana December 2015 - Drove from my home in Franklin/Nashville, TN, to Shreveport/Bossier City, Louisiana, to spend Christmas week with my Louisiana family and friends December 22-29.   My family and I enjoyed being together and celebrating Christmas Day at my sisters' home in Benton, LA.  On Christmas Eve we worshiped at Cypress Baptist Church in Benton and then visited friends the Bergeron's for time of fellowship afterwards.  The day after Christmas I visited my nephew Mark Owen and his family for dinner of gumbo in Shreveport, LA.  More time with my sisters and niece Sandra Abbott and family lunching together on Sunday.  While there was a lot of stormy Christmas weather, I was fortunate to be able to drive to and from Louisiana in dry mostly sunny weather.

I have added a new gallery of Christmas week photos to Reagan's Photo Galleries.  Check the photos out in this gallery:


Here are a few selected photos from the gallery.

Christmas Lights on my Sisters' Home

Santa visiting the Nativity 

Christmas Eve at Cypress Baptist Church

Sister Pat and Friend Gayle

Christmas Ham and Turkey Breast

Playing some game called "Five Seconds"  Lots of Laughs

Nephew Mark with his Parrott

Me(Reagan) with Molly 

My First Amtrak 2016 Adventure 

Winter Amtrak Rail Adventure January 10-17 - Repeating my January 2015 Winter Amtrak trip except in reverse direction.  I will fly Southwest Airlines to New Orleans January 10 and ride Amtrak's City of New Orleans to Chicago where I will connect to Amtrak's California Zephyr traveling through Denver and Colorado Rockies and on over the Sierra Nevadas to Emeryville, CA, arriving January 15.  I will fly American Airlines from San Francisco to Nashville January 17.



My Other 2016 TRAVEL PLANS

Costa Rica February 9-23 - I will be visiting my friend Charlie Doggett who moved to Costa Rica in December 2014.  Charlie lives in Atenas, Costa Rica, and I am hoping he emerges me into his Costa Rica lifestyle.  He has been planning for my time in Costa Rica for many months and I am so looking forward to being with and visiting him.

Spring Amtrak Rail Adventure March 27-April 13 - Flying to New Orleans, LA, to travel via Amtrak's City of New Orleans and Empire Builder to Seattle, WA. After a week in Seattle, I will return to New Orleans via Amtrak's Coast Starlight(Sacramento), California Zephyr(Chicago) and City of New Orleans. Return trip is compliments of Amtrak Guest Rewards points I have been earning from all my Amtrak travels for the last few years.

Via Rail and Amtrak Trip to Canada and Albany, NY, May 28 to June 15 - Traveling by Via Rail in Canada to Toronto, Montreal and Halifax, Nova Scotia.  Returning to USA via Amtrak for visits to Albany, NY and New Orleans, LA.




You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.