Monday, February 11, 2019

Amtrak 2019 Winter Snow Trip February 18-27 - One Week Until Departure

Amtrak's Little Builder February 10, 2019

One Week Until Departure 

I leave one week from today Monday night February 18 on my Amtrak 2019 Winter Snow Trip. And as of today, SNOW IS GUARANTEED. Seattle, Washington has had the most snow and ice in the city in many years and the Amtrak's Empire Builders have encountered so much snow crossing the continent they have lost a good amount of time.  BUT they have ran and so I'm looking forward to a good long snowy ride next week. Above is a picture I obtained from Facebook of the "little" Empire Builder in Washington State. The little Empire Builder originates in Portland, Oregon, and connects to the Seattle originating Empire Builder in Spokane, Washington. Normally, there is not much if any snow in this area of Washington State. 

I began my Canadian snow trip last year from Seattle after spending a couple nights almost a year ago. I'm linking my photos from Seattle 2018 here to show you that the weather was comfortably cool and sunny last year when I visited.



New Reply To Email reagan@reaganfrazier.net

Second reason for this update blog is to test my blog mailings from FeedBlitz before I actually depart from home. Without a lot of explaining, I had to change my send from and reply to email to reagan@reaganfrazier.net. GMAIL and other mail servers are monitoring and restricting from where mail is sent to hopefully cut down on the fake senders so they will not allow my blog to be sent by a @gmail sender or reply to @gmail email. I even had to add a txt line in my reaganfrazier.net domain DNS to allow FeedBlitz to send email through GMAIL. No need for you to understand. In the future my blog update emails will simply say was sent by reaganfrazier.net and the reply to email will be reagan@reaganfrazier.net. And you can now reply to reagan@reaganfrazier.net.  My @gmail.com email remains my main email address for all correspondence and you may also use it.


Reagan's Travel Plans for 2019

While it may not seem so to you, I am curtailing my travels a little so I only have three trips planned remaining in 2019.

April 3-13 Trip to My Louisiana Home - Dates are approximate but I will be driving home to Northwest Louisiana to visit my two sisters, one niece, and one nephew and their families. Not really a photo gallery type trip but I'm looking forward to visiting with the family and other friends in the Shreveport-Bossier City area. I might extend this trip to visit close friends in Dallas/Plano, Texas area.

June 13-24 Amtrak's Cardinal and Visit to Michigan - Flying Southwest Airlines to Washington, DC, for three nights followed by my first trip on Amtrak's Cardinal from DC to Chicago.  In Chicago I will stay three nights before traveling June 20 by regional Amtrak train to East Lansing, Michigan, to visit my older nephew Charles and family for four nights. He is a professor at Michigan State University. He has already suggested some exciting day trips we will make. After my visit I will return to Chicago by Amtrak train Monday morning, June 24, and will fly home that night on Southwest Airlines to Nashville.

September 13-24 Glacier National Park Visit and Amtrak's Empire Builder - Flying American Airlines Nashville to Seattle via connecting flights via Chicago on Friday the 13th. I will stay three nights in Seattle departing Monday, September 16, on Amtrak's Empire Builder overnight arriving at East Glacier Park Station Tuesday morning September 17. I will checkin and stay three nights at the Glacier Park Lodge September 17-20. Will depart East Glacier Station Friday morning September 20 on Amtrak's Empire Builder arriving Chicago Saturday afternoon September 21. Currently planning to stay three nights in Chicago. Still deciding whether to fly home on September 24 or extend the trip. That's the "under construction" part of the trip.




All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************


EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.