Sunday, February 3, 2019

Amtrak 2019 Winter Snow Trip February 18-27

Essex, Montana near Glacier National Park

Riding Amtrak's Empire Builder in Snow Country

Time to travel again. I leave in two weeks on Monday, February 18, on my first out of town trip of 2019. I depart that Monday night at 5 PM Nashville time on Alaska Airlines non stop from Nashville to Seattle, Washington. After a 5 hour flight, I arrive if on schedule around 8:30 PM Seattle time and will Lyft to the Embassy Suites Hotel Pioneer Square right by Amtrak's King Street Station. After a free day Tuesday in Seattle, I will depart Seattle Wednesday, February 20, 4:40 PM on Amtrak's Empire Builder across the States of Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, Minnesota, and Wisconsin arriving Chicago, Illinois late afternoon or early evening Friday, February 22. I am almost guaranteed to see snow at least in Montana as I pass through Glacier National Park. By the way, for you who are not aware, we have just in the past week set historically record low temperatures across all the area the Empire Builder will pass through. There has been major disruptions of all modes of transportation including highways, air transportation and rail transportation. Hopefully we begin the recovery mode this week and most of my travel plans will go without major disruptions.

After arriving Chicago, I will be staying two nights in Chicago and then will depart Sunday night February 24 shortly after 8 PM Chicago time on Amtrak's City of New Orleans bound for New Orleans. Arriving New Orleans Monday afternoon February 25 3:30 PM Central Time, I will stay overnight two nights and then fly home Wednesday February 27 on Southwest Airlines departing 11:50 AM.

As I travel I will send blog updates via my Iphone with Iphone photos. The first update will be from Seattle on Tuesday, February 19. I will then send Iphone updates with Iphone photos while traveling on the Empire Builder and the City of New Orleans. While in Chicago and New Orleans, I plan to send a laptop blog update with a few of my regular camera photos taken while traveling on the trains.

I hope you will enjoy traveling with me via my travel blog posts.

Amtrak's Empire Builder 



Reagan's Travel Plans for 2019

Since I shared my travel plans with you on my New Years blog update, I have added possibly my last 2019 trip in September. After traveling by train through Glacier National Park in Montana many times since 1965, I have decided it is time stop and stay a few days. The trip is still "under construction" but I will share my plans so far below. So here are my travel plans for the remainder of 2019 after I return from my Winter Amtrak Snow Trip.

April 3-13 Trip to My Louisiana Home - Dates are approximate but I will be driving home to Northwest Louisiana to visit my two sisters, one niece, and one nephew and their families. Not really a photo gallery type trip but I'm looking forward to visiting with the family and other friends in the Shreveport-Bossier City area. I might extend this trip to visit close friends in Dallas/Plano, Texas area.

June 13-24 Amtrak's Cardinal and Visit to Michigan - Flying Southwest Airlines to Washington, DC, for three nights followed by my first trip on Amtrak's Cardinal from DC to Chicago.  In Chicago I will stay three nights before traveling June 20 by regional Amtrak train to East Lansing, Michigan, to visit my older nephew Charles and family for four nights. He is a professor at Michigan State University. He has already suggested some exciting day trips we will make. After my visit I will return to Chicago by Amtrak train Monday morning, June 24, and will fly home that night on Southwest Airlines to Nashville.

September 13-24 Glacier National Park Visit and Amtrak's Empire Builder - Flying American Airlines Nashville to Seattle via connecting flights via Chicago on Friday the 13th. I will stay three nights in Seattle departing Monday, September 16, on Amtrak's Empire Builder overnight arriving at East Glacier Park Station Tuesday morning September 17. I will checkin and stay three nights at the Glacier Park Lodge September 17-20. Will depart East Glacier Station Friday morning September 20 on Amtrak's Empire Builder arriving Chicago Saturday afternoon September 21. Currently planning to stay three nights in Chicago. Still deciding whether to fly home on September 24 or extend the trip. That's the "under construction" part of the trip.




All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************


EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.