Friday, July 31, 2015

LOUISIANA Trip to Visit Family - July 2015

Sisters' Benton, Louisiana Home

Louisiana Trip to Visit Family - July 2015 -  July 16-28 I drove from my home in Franklin, TN, to visit my family in Northwest Louisiana.  While there I enjoyed a good time with my family and friends.  Stayed three nights with my sisters in the home pictured above which is located in Benton, LA, on Black Bayou Reservoir and two nights with my niece in Princeton(Haughton), LA.  While still enjoying activities with family I stayed the last three nights in hotels including the last two night in the Hampton Inn, Bossier City, LA.  

A highlight of my visit was getting together in Shreveport, LA, with my long time friend Todd Young and his family for dinner and then a visit with Todd to Summer Grove Baptist Church where Todd is now the minister of adult education.  Todd and his family moved from Nashville/Franklin to Shreveport this past June 2014.  I have known Todd since he was a seventh grader attending youth retreat for First Baptist Church, Nashville.  As a youth worker at FBC I attended most of the youth camps and retreats as a counselor and taught 10th grade Sunday School but I usually stayed with the newly rising seventh graders at the beginning of school year retreat.  Beginning with that early relationship, Todd and I have been mutual Christian mentors for each other through many years and stages of life.  While it was great visiting with him and his family in Shreveport, I so miss him in my life here in Tennessee.  Unfortunately, I did not take any photos while we were together in Shreveport.

I have now updated Reagan's Photo Galleries with photos from this trip in the photo gallery: Louisiana Trip to Visit Family - July 2015.


Next Travel Plans for Me - Starkville, MS, September 10-13, 2015 -  I will be driving to Starkville, MS, to visit with my great niece Kellie Abbott and her parents my niece Sandra and Wayne for a college football weekend.  Kellie will be showing me around her school - Mississippi State University - and I will be attending the MSU vs LSU game on Saturday night with Sandra and Wayne.  Kellie will be with her university friends at the game.  I will be low key but those of you who know me will know that I will be pulling for LSU. 


2016 Travel Plans -  Costa Rica February 9-23 is definite and American Airlines flights are already booked.

I am considering a visit to Toronto, Montreal, and Halifax, Nova Scotia, in Canada in May 2016 with several rail trips on Via Rail including the Via Rail Ocean train from Montreal to Halifax.  Still dreaming for now but hopefully the dreams will become reality.


You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************