Sunday, March 1, 2020

Amtrak 2020 Winter Trip - Sacramento March 1

My friend Nancy and I at The Old Spaghetti Factory

Sacramento - March 1

Today was a quieter day with participating via the Internet in my home church Forest Hlls Baptist 8:30 AM worship service  which came on at 6:30 AM here in the Pacific Time Zone. After participating in worship, I caught the Capitol Corridor train from Emeryville to Sacramento where my friend Nancy was waiting for me and took me to The Old Spaghetti Factory for lunch and a good time of visiting. I met Nancy about 4 years ago on Amtrak's California Zephyr. She was interested in my travel blog and photo galleries so she subscribed and she emails me after every blog update and asks questions and gives me some information about her each time. So this time we decided to get together just to catch up. She is a life saver for me today. I tend to leave stuff at The Old Spaghetti Factory so I discovered when Nancy let me out back at the Amtrak Station that I left my LSU ball cap. She has already called the restaurant and they are holding my cap for her to pick up and she volunteered to mail it to me. Thank you, Nancy. Most of you may not know that I left my jacket at The Old Spaghetti Factory in Fullerton, CA, in October 2018 and they actually Fed Exed it to me. After our time together I rode another Capitol Corridor Train back to Emeryville.

The lead photo above is of Nancy and I at The Old Spaghetti Factory. The photos below are of my transportation today and a couple more photos at The Old Spaghetti Factory. Nancy actually took the photo of me sitting at the table with her IPhone.

One more day here in Emeryville before I leave Tuesday morning on Amtrak's California Zephyr to return to Chicago. Maybe no update tomorrow but I will definitely do a short update with IPhone photos each Tuesday and Wednesday and then a digital camera update from TheWit Hotel back in Chicago Thursday night.

Departing Emeryville - That's my Hyatt House Hotel
in the background






That's my Capitol Corridor Train back to Emeryville