Thursday, March 5, 2020

Amtrak 2020 Winter Trip - Back to Middle America March 5

My Friend Marice from Galesburg, IL

Back to Middle America - March 5

After a full week in Western USA, overnight my Amtrak California Zephyr transported me back into Middle America from Denver across Nebraska into the State of Iowa. So today we traveled across Iowa and Illinois into Chicago arriving early afternoon.  During my very brief stop in Galesburg, IL, my friend Maurice and I had time to take the selfie picture above. I met Maurice a few years ago on a rail fan road trip I made to Galesburg, IL. Maurice along with others runs the Galesburg Railway Museum at the Amtrak Station in Galesburg.

Just as the photos across Colorado were scenic, the photos below show the farming states of Iowa and Illinois(yes, Illinois has farms) which are an essential part of American life. Enjoy and be thankful.





The Mississippi River dividing Iowa and Illinois 


Galesburg, IL, Railway Museum



Having arrived back in Chicago and TheWit Doubletree Hotel my Amtrak 2020 Winter Trip has come to a end. After a restful day tomorrow, I travel home to Nashville/Franklin, TN Saturday.  I have taken over 500 digital photos which I will edit and organize into photo galleries for you to view. My next update will be after the photo galleries are ready for you to view soon in the next week or so. Thanks for traveling with me and also thanks to each of you who send emails communicating your interest in my Winter 2020 travels.