Sunday, October 27, 2019

October 2019 - Celebrating 78th Birthday In Nashville and Northwest Louisiana

Celebrating 78th Birthday at My Louisiana Home

October 17 - Celebrating 78th Birthday in Nashville and Northwest Louisiana

Feeling good as I celebrate 78 years since I was born in Ruston, Louisiana, October 17, 1941. Yes, I claim to be a Pearl Harbor baby having arrived on this earth less than two months before Pearl Harbor was attacked December 7, 1941.

My two best Tennessee friends Russ and Daniel kicked off the birthday celebration with a birthday lunch at Toyama Japanese Steakhouse here in Nashville a week early before I drove to Louisiana for my 60th Minden High School Reunion and and Family time in Louisiana. The reunion was a good time of fellowship and remembering. I enjoyed the day but took no photos.

With my Louisiana family I participated in a "gender reveal" party for my great niece Cheri and husband Mathew and a birthday lunch and cake for my 78th birthday. I think this was my first time to be home in Louisiana since moving to Tennessee in 1966 for my actual birthday. As you may tell from the photos below, Cheri and Matt are expecting a baby boy in March 2020.  

Before returning home to Nashville, I enjoyed having lunch with my long time friend Todd Young and wife Amy and daughter Macy.  Daughter Sadie is second year student at my alma mater Louisiana Tech University and was not able to be with us.

I did not upload photos to my photo galleries but am sharing these photos below as photo documentary of my celebration here and my trip home to Louisiana.




With Daniel and Russ celebrating in Nashville

Arriving in my birth State Louisiana

My sisters Pat and Shirley with me at the gender reveal
Shirley will be baby Jack's great grandmother

Dad Matt, Grandmother Sandra, Mother Cheri and Aunt Jessica
Opening the Cookie Cake

Cookie Cake Identifies the Mickey or Minnie Theme

Blue Smoke Revealed the Baby will be a Boy




It's A Boy!

Yep! Mom and Dad just found out they are having a boy

Dad Matt and Mom Cheri

My First Birthday Cake in many years

A Happy 78 Year Old Reagan

Sunday Lunch with long time friend Todd and Macy and Amy.
Todd grew up in Nashville and moved to Shreveport several years ago



Reagan's Travel Plans for 2020

My planned trip to Disney World December 1-7, 2019, has been cancelled for personal reasons so my next travel will be in 2020.

February 23 to March 7 - Winter Trip 2020 Emeryville, CA - Traveling Amtrak's California Zephyr from Chicago to Emeryville, CA, for a five night visit to the San Francisco Bay Area and then returning to Chicago via Amtrak's California Zephyr. This my favorite train and one of my favorite destinations. Will fly to and from Chicago from Nashville.

April 19 to April 30 - Amtrak Spring Trip - Traveling Amtrak's Texas Eagle through St. Louis, Dallas, San Antonio, El Paso and Tucson to Los Angeles where I will same day connect to Amtrak's Coast Starlight to Emeryville, CA, for a three night stay before returning to Chicago on Amtrak's California Zephyr.

Mid May - Louisiana Trip - Traveling to my Louisiana home to visit with family including my new great great nephew Jack and to attend high school graduation May 14 for dear friend Macy.


All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************


EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.