Tuesday, June 2, 2015

AMTRAK ADVENTURE 2015 - San Francisco and Movie "San Andreas"

S
Ghirardelli Hot Fudge Sundae -- All Mine

AMTRAK ADVENTURE 2015 - San Francisco and Movie "San Andreas" - I adventured to San Francisco today by train and ferry.  And then after I returned to Emeryville, I walked to the IMAX theater to see the movie "San Andreas".  Probably not a smart thing to do going to this movie while spending a couple days in the area of the San Andreas Fault.  Fortunately, no earthquake so far.  

My ferry took me to the Fisherman's Wharf area of San Francisco. Of course, the highlight was visiting Ghirardelli Square and the soda shop where I treated myself to a hot fudge sundae.  So not watching my sugar today.

Here are selected photos from my adventure today.

Began the day taking this Amtrak California train 10 minutes to Oakland

San Francisco Bay Ferry I took from Oakland to San Francisco

View of the San Francisco Bay Bridge from my ferry

Golden Gate Bridge from my ferry

Alcatraz Island 

San Francisco Skyline

View of Golden Gate Bridge

San Francisco Cable Car

Ghirardelli Square

Inside the Ghirardelli Chocolate Soda Shop

Hot Fudge Sundae - All Mine!

Yes, that chocolate

Electric trolley bus -- (I remember Shreveport, LA trolleys in my youth)

San Francisco's Fisherman's Wharf

My Amtrak journey continues tomorrow Wednesday and Thursday.  Boarding the eastbound California Zephyr 9 AM traveling to Denver, CO.  Scheduled Denver arrival is 6 PM Thursday.  Since I'll be retracing my westbound trip, I've decided to give my camera a two day break.  I'll bring my camera back out Friday during my day in Denver.  


You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.