Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Amtrak Fall 2018 Vacation - The California Zephyr Journey October 28-30

The journey from Chicago to Emeryville, CA, was good and mostly on schedule. We did have to wait almost an hour in Reno, NV, for a freight train that incurred a problem.  Once the freight train was out of the way, we came right on into Emeryville arriving at 4:38 PM Pacific Time. I walked across the Pedestrian Crossover to my hotel, the Hyatt House Hotel. Actually, I'm looking forward to sleeping in a real bed for the next three nights.

The windows on the train were extremely dirty and I was on the sunny side of the train which limited my picture taking ability through the windows. I did took several and have included them below. These are regular camera photos and not IPhone as I have posted on all the previous updates for this trip. 

The update schedule for the rest of my Fall Vacation Amtrak Trip will be a post on Thursday night October 31 before I depart Emeryville. One again I will not do an update from the California Zephyr trip back to Chicago. Since I arrive back in Chicago late afternoon Sunday, I will do one more update on Monday, November 5 before flying home to Nashville on November 6. After arriving home, I will update optimize and update Reagan's Photo Galleries and then post a blog update to let you know all the photo galleries are complete.

Here are the photos from my trip on the Zephyr and a couple from my room here at the Hyatt House Hotel.