Sunday, October 4, 2015

Day 1 - Road Trip to Carbondale, Illinois, to Ride Amtrak's Saluki/Illini Illinois Trains

Amtrak Illini departing Carbondale, IL

Road Trip to Carbondale, Illinois, to Ride Amtrak's Saluki/Illini Illinois Trains - Day 1 - Just a short update to let you know I arrived this afternoon after a quick uneventful three hour drive from Nashville.  In fact, I arrived in time to catch the 4:15 PM departure of Amtrak's Illini train pictured above.  I'll be back at the station in the morning for the 7:30 PM departure to Mattoon, IL, and back arriving back here at 1:45 PM.  I checked into the Hampton Inn and settling in for the night.  I discovered the internet is so, so, so slow I will only post these very short updates tonight and tomorrow.  I will be out riding the rails from 7 AM to 10 PM Tuesday so final update will wait until I am back home Wednesday.