Tuesday, April 18, 2017

Reagan's Amtrak Adventure April 18, 2017

Back in a hotel room tonight with much higher wifi than the wifi at the Hyatt House in Emeryville. Tonight I am at a new Hampton Inn West Loop in Chicago after traveling through Iowa and Illinois arriving early in Chicago about 2:30 PM. The train was basically a little ahead of time all the way from California. Last night riding through eastern Colorado and Nebraska was "BOUNCE" time. Enough that I took a "non drowsy Dramamine" since all the "rockin and rollin" almost did me in. But I finally fell asleep and was a lazy man today.  Look at the picture for evidence.  Even though I am posting this from my laptop tonight, I still will only load IPhone photos. Took lots of great photos with my digital camera coming through Colorado yesterday and even some passing through Iowa and Illinois today. You will have to wait until I get home to see those photos.

Since my train to Washington, DC does not leave until 6:40 PM tomorrow, I am getting up bright and early and catching a 7 AM Illinois Lincoln Service train to Normal, Illinois, and return to Chicago in the noon hour so I'll have about 5 hours free time to do Chicago weather permitting.  It's warm but possible rain is predicted.

Here are today's IPhone Photos: