Monday, June 18, 2018

Amtrak Vacation June 2018 - Seattle - Sunsets and Ferry Ride June 18

Sunset Over Seattle Waterfront

Sunsets and Ferry Ride

As the sun set Sunday night, I was awed by the view of the sunset on the Seattle waterfront from my suite. Since I had already shared my blog update earlier, I'm sharing the photo above and the first photo below on today's blog post. 

I walked to the ferry terminal this morning and took the Washington State Ferry to Bainbridge and back. After returning I walked to eat fish and chips for lunch at Ivar's. Yes, I know I had the same thing yesterday but i really like fish and chips and Ivar's make some of the best cod fish I have eaten. And you get to eat with the sea gulls. There are a few photos below of Ivar's.

After lunch I walked up the waterfront to the Seattle Wheel which I did not ride so that I could ride "Flying over Washington" which is a neat multi media presentation takes you flying over the attractions of this State including Mt Rainier which I plan to visit on a full day tour Tuesday.

I am meeting and having dinner with my great nephew Neil Owen and his wife Megan tonight along with their two young children Lucas and Isaiah. I met Lucas last year but get to meet Isaiah who was born this past March. I'll take photos and possibly add this to a separate post today or tomorrow.

Here are today's photos.


Seattle Sunset View from my Hotel Suite

Seattle Wheel

Riding the Washington State Ferry to Bainbridge

Riding the Washington State Ferry to Bainbridge

Riding the Washington State Ferry to Bainbridge

Riding the Washington State Ferry to Bainbridge

Smith Tower(Seattle's original skyscraper) to my hotel 

Seattle Wheel and location of "Flying over Washington"

Ivar's where I get fish and chips

Ivar's where I get fish and chips

Ivar's where I get fish and chips

Sea Gull at Ivar's

My Embassy Suites Hotel behind the King Street Amtrak Station


Remember you can click on any of the photos to see the full size photo