Monday, June 11, 2018

Amtrak Vacation June 2018 - Metropolitan Museum of Art

Flower Art at the Metropolitan Museum of Art

Metropolitan Museum of Art 

Today had two highlights. This morning I went to the Metropolitan Museum of Art for a tour led by my friend Scott. He did a superb job leading me and four other guests to selected exhibits. He is in two of the photos below. If you are ever in New York City, I highly this tour of the museum identified as a museum hack tour. 

You know when you are having fun, you forget to take photos. That happened on the second highlight of the day. Tevy and Scott invited me to their condo for dinner and a time of fellowship with them and two other friends Julie and Geoffrey. Geoffrey got me the ticket for CHICAGO I saw last night and Julie got me the ticket to see DEAR EVAN HANSEN which I will see Tuesday night. The meal and dessert were great but the company was superb. They are all great friends and are great hosts. 

Tomorrow Tuesday I am on my own until I go to see DEAR EVAN HANSEN. I will stop by the Marquis Theater to see Tevy and I give Julie a visit as I enter the theater to see DEAR EVAN HANSEN. 

I may not do an update tomorrow. I depart on my next train adventure Wednesday riding the Acela Train to Washington, DC, to connect to the Capitol Limited to Chicago where I will spend Thursday night. I'll post an update from Chicago.

Here are the photos I took visiting the Museum of Art. That's Scott in the photos leading my tour. The photos are things that I particularly liked. I'll post them without a caption. Yes, there is a train in one of the photos.




 















Don't forget you can click any photo above to see the full size photo. Since the Metropolitan Museum does not allow flash photography the photo quality may be a little less sharp.