Friday, June 22, 2018

Amtrak Vacation June 2018 - Last Train Ride

Amtrak Pacific Surliner

Last Train Ride

I enjoyed my Alaska Airlines flight to Los Angeles Thursday and am also enjoying my stay at the Hyatt Regency at LAX Airport. I wanted one last train ride so today I took the Flyaway bus to Los Angeles Union Station for a 30 minute ride on the Pacific Surfliner to Fullerton, CA, to eat lunch at the Old Spaghetti Factory located right by the train station. So I got to do two of my favorite things: 1) ride the train and 2) eat spaghetti with meat sauce at the Old Spaghetti Factory. I'm now back in my hotel room and resting up for my flight home to Nashville Saturday morning.

If you read this mid day on Saturday, I hope to be on American Airlines flying non stop to Nashville. It has been a good three weeks visiting friends and family in New York City and Seattle, riding five Amtrak trains -- the Crescent, Acela, Capitol Limited, Empire Builder and the Pacific Surfliner. Except for short trips, I plan to be home in Nashville July and August.

Here are photos documenting my day in Los Angeles.

I rode this Pacific Surfliner to Fullerton

This is the Old Spaghetti Factory in Fullerton right by the station




My favorite food - spaghetti with meat sauce

American Flag at entrance to LAX Airport right outside my hotel room window

I will work on all the photos I have taken and upload them to my photo galleries website in the next few days maybe weeks and let you know with a blog post when they are ready for you to view.

Remember you may click on any of the photos to view the full size photo.