Sunday, June 10, 2018

Amtrak Vacation June 2018 - First Day in NYC June 10

With Scott and Tevy in Central Park

First Day in New York City - June 10

A very good first day in New York City. Tevy came to my hotel and together we walked to the Ambassador Theater where I purchased my ticket to CHICAGO musical for tonight. With ticket in hand we then took subway to a good restaurant where we met Scott who had worked at the Metropolitan Museum of Art leading a tour of the museum. After lunch the three of us rode subway to 81st Street and walked across Central Park to help me find the museum as I wiil be going to the museum tomorrow to participate in Scott's tour of the museum at 11 am. We did so much walking including climbing up stairs exiting the subway I got very tired so now at their suggestion I will take a taxi to the museum. Later tomorrow Tevy will come back to my hotel room and we will go to their home near Yankee Stadium where Tevy will prepare dinner for us. Since most of his theater friends have to work tomorrow until about 8:30 PM, they will come later to visit with us. 

Tevy and Scott rode the subway with me back to my hotel and then went home. I was only in my room about an hour and then headed to the Ambassador Theater to attend CHICAGO. I sat by a lady and her two daughters and, thankfully, we chatted some and she help me understand the plot of the show and I really enjoyed it more understanding what was going on. The music was very good so understanding the action helped me enjoy the show much better.

The photo above is of the three of us resting and catching up with each other as I walked so much and climbed stairs out of the subway. These are two very special young men and I am honored to have them as friends.

Here are a few more photos from today.

View of lower Manhattan from my hotel 38th floor room


View of the New York skyline from Central Park


I attended CHICAGO at the Ambassador Theater tonight 

Tomorrow I'll be doing the tour with Scott at the Metropolitan Museum of Art at 11 AM and then going out to Tevy's condo near Yankee Stadium for home made dinner and hopefully to visit with his and my friends that work in the theater box offices.

Remember you can click any of the photos to see the full size print on line.