Sunday, April 21, 2019

Trip to Louisiana April 2019

LOUISIANA - The Pelican State

April 2019

Trip to Louisiana to Visit Family - April 1-9

Actually left March 31 and drove home to Louisiana for a ten day trip to visit with my native Louisiana family staying with my niece Sandra and husband Wayne.  While in Shreveport/Bossier City, LA area I visited with my two sisters Shirley and Pat, brother-in-law Bobby, niece Sandra and nephew Mark and their families. Also was able to visit with my great nephew Neil and his family visiting from Seattle, WA. Also was able to celebrate my great niece Cheri's 30th birthday with a genuine Louisiana craw fish boil. Also was able to visit with four other great nieces. Also was able to visit with my good long time friend Todd from Nashville who now lives in the Shreveport area for lunch one day.

My friend Todd and I

Since this was a trip for family time, I did not take photos except for one day with both sisters, my niece and my nephew and their spouse hosted my great nephew Neil and wife Megan and sons Lucas and Isaiah from Seattle to a visit to the Shreveport, LA, riverfront park and a tour of the old waterworks museum in downtown Shreveport. This was the waterworks department dating back into the 1800's that originally served all the city. We concluded the day with a visit to the local Dairy Queen for ice cream.

We celebrated my great niece Cheri's 30th birthday with a craw fish boil. Since it was my first ever craw fish boil, I did take a gallery of IPhone photos to document the cooking of the craw fish and the group gathered to celebrate the occasion.

I updated Reagan's Photo Galleries with two galleries for you to view these two activities.  Click on the photo or caption to view the galleries.

Exploring Shreveport with Family


Craw Fish Boil for Cheri's 30th Birthday


Amtrak One Day Trip on Illinois Regional Trains

After returning from Louisiana, I drove from my home in Nashville to the southern Illinois city of Carbondale and then rode Amtrak's regional trains SALUKI and ILLINI from Carbondale to Chicago and then back to Carbondale Thursday, April 11. While I was in Chicago, I did get to eat a Chicago Char Dog and check out the new remodeled Great Hall in Chicago's Union Station. Click the photo or caption below to view the photo gallery.


Amtrak One Day Trip Illinois Regional Trains


Reagan's Travel Plans for 2019

I am home until June 13 when I travel to Washington, DC, to ride Amtrak's Cardinal from DC to Chicago and then visit my oldest nephew in East Lansing, Michigan. I have added two trips - one back to Louisiana in October for my 60th high school reunion and one to Orlando, Florida, to visit Disney World. Both are still in the planning stages.

June 13-24 Amtrak's Cardinal and Visit to Michigan - Flying Southwest Airlines to Washington, DC, for three nights followed by my first trip on Amtrak's Cardinal from DC to Chicago.  In Chicago I will stay three nights before traveling June 20 by regional Amtrak train to East Lansing, Michigan, to visit my older nephew Charles and family for four nights. He is a professor at Michigan State University. He has already suggested some exciting day trips we will make. After my visit I will return to Chicago by Amtrak train Monday morning, June 24, and will fly home that night on Southwest Airlines to Nashville.

September 13-24 Glacier National Park Visit and Amtrak's Empire Builder - Flying American Airlines Nashville to Seattle via connecting flights via Chicago on Friday the 13th. I will stay three nights in Seattle departing Monday, September 16, on Amtrak's Empire Builder overnight arriving at East Glacier Park Station Tuesday morning September 17. I will checkin and stay three nights at the Glacier Park Lodge September 17-20. Will depart East Glacier Station Friday morning September 20 on Amtrak's Empire Builder arriving Chicago Saturday afternoon September 21. Currently planning to stay three nights in Chicago. Will fly home to Nashville September 24.

October 19  - My 60th Minden, LA, High School Reunion October 19 - I will be returning to my native Louisiana home to attend my Minden High School 60th Reunion. Also, I will celebrate my 78th birthday while home October 17. All trip details are yet to be determined.

December 1-7 Hilton Orlando Bonnet Creek Resort, Orlando, Florida - Reservations have been made for the Resort. Transportation and other details yet to be made. Purpose is to visit Disney World and maybe Universal Studios during the Christmas season.


All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************


EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.