Saturday, March 2, 2019

Amtrak 2019 Winter Snow Trip - Galleries Ready to View

Glacier Park Lodge in Glacier National Park

Amtrak 2019 Winter Snow Trip - Trip Galleries Are Ready to View

Now safely home, I have gathered all my photos from the trip, optimized them, and posted them in four galleries. While Seattle was mostly dry and pleasant weather wise, the trip from Seattle to Chicago was a beautiful snowy wonderland with lots of snow pack and under sunny skies for my ride on Amtrak's Empire Builder. Although I was bused from Seattle to Spokane, Washington, it was an amazing trip with no weather related delays. We arrived Chicago just one hour late just before 5 PM on Friday, February 22. And all the delay was due to some freight congestion in eastern Montana and North Dakota. Chicago was rainy one day and cold and windy Sunday before I departed that evening on Amtrak's City of New Orleans. That trip was right on time and we arrived in New Orleans an hour early Monday afternoon. Weather was basically dry and some sun allowing for a long walk on the riverfront to Jackson Square and then a long walk returning to Canal Street along Royal Street in the French Quarter. Even had time for a nap Tuesday afternoon. To make the trip perfect both the Alaska Airlines flight from Nashville to Seattle and the Southwest Airlines flight from New Orleans to Nashville were both on time.

While passing through La Crosse, Wisconsin, Friday, a fellow Amtrak fan Dennis Weber posted a photo of MY train  to Facebook as it was stopped at the station in La Crosse. I have included his photo below and in my gallery with his permission as long as I give him credit. 

You can see and view all four galleries by clicking the photo of MY train or the bold trip title below the photo.

Photo taken by Dennis Weber




The FOUR GALLERIES are accessible by clicking the gallery name under the photos here:

Seattle, Washington, February 2019

Amtrak's Empire Builder Seattle to Chicago


Day in Chicago and Amtrak's City of New Orleans


New Orleans, Louisiana


That's all for this trip. I will be home March until the last day of the month and then drive to Louisiana for a family trip.  I'm not sure if I will be posting any travel blogs for this trip. We will see. No details yet but I am planning to return to Louisiana in October for my Minden High School Class of 1959's 60th reunion scheduled for October 19. So here are my 2019 travel plans for now.



Reagan's Travel Plans for 2019

March 31 to April 9 - Trip to My Louisiana Home - I will be driving home to Northwest Louisiana to visit my two sisters, one niece, and one nephew and their families. Not really a photo gallery type trip but I'm looking forward to visiting with the family and other friends in the Shreveport-Bossier City area. Also my great nephew and his family from Seattle, Washington will be home for the first few days I am there.

June 13-24 Amtrak's Cardinal and Visit to Michigan - Flying Southwest Airlines to Washington, DC, for three nights followed by my first trip on Amtrak's Cardinal from DC to Chicago.  In Chicago I will stay three nights before traveling June 20 by regional Amtrak train to East Lansing, Michigan, to visit my older nephew Charles and family for four nights. He is a professor at Michigan State University. He has already suggested some exciting day trips we will make. After my visit I will return to Chicago by Amtrak train Monday morning, June 24, and will fly home that night on Southwest Airlines to Nashville.

September 13-24 Glacier National Park Visit and Amtrak's Empire Builder - Flying American Airlines Nashville to Seattle via connecting flights via Chicago on Friday the 13th. I will stay three nights in Seattle departing Monday, September 16, on Amtrak's Empire Builder overnight arriving at East Glacier Park Station Tuesday morning September 17. I will checkin and stay three nights at the Glacier Park Lodge September 17-20. Will depart East Glacier Station Friday morning September 20 on Amtrak's Empire Builder arriving Chicago Saturday afternoon September 21. Currently planning to stay three nights in Chicago. Still deciding whether to fly home on September 24 or extend the trip. That's the "under construction" part of the trip.




All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************


EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.