Tuesday, February 26, 2019

Amtrak 2019 Winter Snow Trip - New Orleans February 25-26

Reagan Down By the Riverside - The Mississippi River

A Couple Days in New Orleans 

An overnight trip on Amtrak's City of New Orleans brought me back to my home State Louisiana for a short stay before flying home Wednesday, February 27. I was glad to leave very windy and cold(temperatures in 20's) Chicago Sunday night. An uneventful train ride arrived before 3 PM almost an hour early Monday afternoon. I began my visit eating red beans and rice at Mother's. Then today, I did a nice long walk along the Mississippi riverside to Jackson Square and my favorite chewy praline store Creole Delicacies. After purchasing some of these great chewy pralines, I then walked back to Canal Street along Royal Street and then back to my hotel. And I ended my afternoon taking a nap. 

Here are selected photos for today. I have many more New Orleans photos I will include in my photo galleries which I'll post in a couple weeks after returning home to Nashville tomorrow. Remember you can click the photos to see a full size photo.


























Heading to bed a little early tonight after packing up for my flight home to Nashville tomorrow morning. Southwest Airlines flight departs 11:50 AM.

This is my last blog update for this trip while I am still away from home. My next blog update for this trip will be in a couple weeks when I notify you that all the photo galleries for this trip are ready for you to view.  Thanks for traveling along with me via this blog.





All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************


EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox