Monday, November 5, 2018

Amtrak Fall 2018 Vacation - Eastbound Amtrak's California Zephyr November 2-4

I'm back in Chicago after a good three day ride back on the Eastbound California Zephyr. We left Emeryville right on time 9:10 AM Pacific Time Friday morning November 2 and arrived back in Chicago right on time yesterday Sunday November 4. Highlight of the trip was meeting three younger people from the Bay Area in California traveling to Denver. We just happened to be seated together for lunch the first day. We enjoyed being together so well we sat together for all the remaining meals until they departed in Denver. We shared lots of smiles, laughter, and friendly conversation. They made this the most memorable of the four long distance train rides this vacation. I've included a couple photos today of us together at the dining table and off the train in snowy Fraser-Winter Park, Colorado.

Well, I am in overcast rainy Chicago today so will be a day of relaxation doing this update, resting, and watching Monday Night Football Tennessee Titans vs. Dallas Cowboys. Here's hoping the Titans play well.

Since this is last update before I fly home tomorrow, I have included more photos. After I get home tomorrow, I will spend a few days optimizing and organizing the over 900 photos I took these past two weeks on the Westbound and Eastbound Southwest Chief and California Zephyr. Then I post them to my Reagan's Photo Galleries and post a final travel blog update to let you know the photos galleries are complete and ready for you to view.

Here are today's photos. Remember you can click on the photos and see the full size photos.










































It's been a very good two weeks traveling Amtrak. For now, I do not have any more travel planned for 2018  and believe it or not, I don't have any travel planned for 2019 as yet. I've incurred some expensive  expenses related to my personal health and also my 16 year old Honda Accord so I do need to curtail some of my travel to catch up with these expenses. 

You will notice one of the photos today was a Christmas tree in the hotel inside of Denver's Union Station. So HAPPY THANKSGIVING and MERRY CHRISTMAS!