Tuesday, June 12, 2018

Amtrak Vacation June 2018 - Last Full Day in New York City June 12

Going to see 2017 Tony Award Winning DEAR EVAN HANSEN

Tonight I See 2017 Tony Award Winning DEAR EVAN HANSEN

This was my last full day in New York City and definitely the most restful. I needed to rest today since I had climbed a couple hills and lots of stairs riding the subways. I had a couple aches last night interfering with sleep requiring a hot shower about 2:30 AM so I went out for lunch at the Olive Garden and then stayed in this afternoon resting. Tonight I went out to see DEAR EVAN HANSEN - a musical I've wanted to see for a couple years. I was not disappointed. I enjoyed the musical and the actors including Michael Lee Brown as Evan did a superb job performing. They earned a rousing standing ovation as they took their bows.

Many thanks and lots of love to Tevy and Scott hosting me and helping me navigate the hills and stairs in the subway entrances and exits. Thanks and appreciation to Julie and Geoffrey for getting me tickets to DEAR EVAN HANSEN and CHICAGO.

Here are today's photos.

Saying Good-bye to Tevy

This is Julie - She got me the ticket to see DEAR EVAN HANSEN

Nashville Music City is represented in New York City

Spaghetti with meat sauce at Olive Garden in Times Square

View from my table at Olive Garden

Attended DEAR EVAN HANSEN tonight

Attended DEAR EVAN HANSEN tonight

Tomorrow Wednesday is travel day. I board an Amtrak Acela train 11AM to Washington, DC, connecting to Amtrak's Capitol Limited for an overnight ride to Chicago. After one night in Chicago, I continue on Amtrak's Empire Builder to Seattle, WA.

I'll be back with a travel blog post Thursday night from Chicago.

Remember you can click any of the photos for a full size photo.