Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Amtrak Vacation June 2018 - Mt. Rainier National Park June 19

Day Tour to Mt. Rainier National Park

Mt. Rainier National Park 

Today was a time of getting out and discovering the great Mt. Rainier National Park. I went with a Tours Northwest group and we were gone a full day. How fortunate that today was one of the most perfect weather days to visit this park. Lots of sunshine, warm, and partly cloudy skies were high and did not cover any of the mountain.  It was a picture perfect day to take perfect pictures. Weather was so warm in 70's I ended up in short sleeves even at the top where the visitor center and restaurant was located. The above photo captured Mt. Rainier with my transportation in front so I decided to let it be my lead photo. During the day we stopped many times for short hikes to visit water falls and check out some awesome scenic views of the park.

Tomorrow is my last day in Seattle and I've made no plans so I'll just plan to do whatever I decide tomorrow. Probably will not do a blog update tomorrow.  On Thursday, I will fly Alaska Airlines Seattle to Los Angeles for two nights in the LAX Hyatt Regency. I'm sad that I do not get to do the two day one night trip on Amtrak's Coast Starlight but I had a great ride on four Amtrak trains and visited dear friends in New York City and my great nephew and his family in Seattle. I'm ready to come home to Nashville and stay most of July, August, and September at home in Tennessee.

I took over 100 photos today in the park so you will have to wait until I update my photo galleries to see all of them.  Here are just a few selected photos without captions.



























Remember you can click on any of the photos to see the full size version.