Monday, June 4, 2018

Amtrak Vacation June 2018 Hanging in New Orleans June 4

St. Charles Streetcar - End of the Line

Simply a Good Day Hanging in New Orleans

What a good day to hang in New Orleans including three of my favorite activities. Ate lunch at Mother's, a New Orleans favorite for New Orleans cooking. I had my favorite Red Beans and Rice with sausage and turnip greens. After lunch I walked to the St. Charles Streetcar line and rode the streetcar to the end of the line and then back all the way to Canal Street downtown. Then I walked back to the riverfront with the intention of watching the Carnival Cruise Ship departing. A lady passenger from my hotel had told me they were departing a 3:30 PM so I was an hour and half early and finally gave up and came back to my room from which I did see the ship depart at 4:45 PM.  Also encountered a steamboat from Memphis, TN, while at the riverfront. I even worked in an hour and half nap about 5:30 PM to 7 PM. So it was a good day. Probably be a lazy day tomorrow and then a day at the World War II Museum on Wednesday.

Here a a few photos to document my day.

Ate Lunch at Mother's

My lunch of Red Beans and Rice with sausage and turnip greens

A Steamboat from Memphis TN

The steamboat from Memphis

Waiting patiently for Carnival Cruise ship to depart

Carnival Cruise Ship Triump Departing

Ship heading downriver to the Gulf of Mexico

Ship turns in the crescent of the Mississipi
Why New Orleans is also the Crescent City

My next update will be Wednesday night after my visit to the World War II Museum.