Sunday, June 3, 2018

Amtrak Trip June 2018 - Arrival in New Orleans June 3

Hanging at Riverwalk on the Mississippi River

Arrival in New Orleans June 3

Early departure from Nashville on Southwest Airlines this morning.  Actually arrived in New Orleans 10:48 AM 17 minutes early. Quick shuttle ride to my hotel and my room was ready. I headed to the riverfront and Riverwalk mall on the riverfront. Only definite plans while in New Orleans is to visit the World War II Museum Wednesday. While at the museum I will attend a lunch time concert by the Victory Belles, a ladies trio singing music of the 1940's. So expect a blog update Wednesday night covering that. Other than that each day will be a "it's great to be in New Orleans" unplanned day. There are things like riding the St Charles Ave Streetcar that are must do for me. I actually lived here September 1964 to June 1965 so each visit is sort like a homecoming for me.

What draws me to New Orleans is the Mississippi River so here are photos I took this afternoon "down by the riverside".

Mississippi River down river toward the Gulf of Mexico

Mississippi River up river toward Baton Rouge and USA Midwest

Carnival Cruise Ship boarding for a week's cruise to Western Carriibbean 

US Coast Guard boat

Unless something really unusual happens, my next blog update will be Wednesday night. Amtrak train the Crescent trip begins Friday morning 7 AM.