Sunday, February 4, 2018

Winter Rail Trip - February 3-4, 2018 - Amtrak's Capitol Limited

Snowy Chicago View from my room at THE WIT Hotel

Amtrak's Capitol Limited - Washington, DC, to Chicago IL

Enjoyed a good travel day leaving cold Washington traveling to snowy and colder Chicago. Temperature dropping to 5 degrees tonight. Snow has ended for now but it's supposed to snow another 3 inches tomorrow after I depart on the California Zephyr at 2 PM. Even my room is a chilly(for me) 70 degrees. Not comfortable for me so I am about to bury in the covers. Superbowl is on but I have no interest in either team. The photo above is my view of the Chicago River from my hotel room. Yes, that is snow in the air.

After a lazy morning in my Hilton room in DC, I headed to Union Station and the Acela Lounge for sleeping car passengers and soon was taken to my Superliner train Amtrak's Capitol Limited. I had anticipated that my sleeping car would be the first car behind the engines but was surprised to find it to the last car in the consist. Sleeping car attendant Carlos was helpful and met all my needs as was the dining car crew. Had a little trouble sleeping until after midnight and was not ready to wake up this morning. The ride seemed to be more bouncy and swaying side to side than I remember on this route previously. I did wake up to a lot of snow in Northern Indiana.One of the photos below is from Indiana. Here are some photos from the Capitol Limited.




Boarding in DC





Arrival in Chicago

Looking forward to my trip on Amtrak's California Zephyr and arriving to 70 degree weather in Emeryville, CA on Wednesday. Might do an update post via IPhone Tuesday from the Zephyr.



You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. 


All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.