Monday, February 12, 2018

Winter Rail Trip - February 12, 2018 - Seattle, WA

Wings Over Washington Flying Ride

A Day in Seattle


Here's a surprise update from Seattle. I took a walk about this morning from my Grand Hyatt Hotel to Pike's Market, the Seattle Waterfront, and Seattle Center. Pike's Market was in Winter time mode. Yes, the fish market was there but no fish were flying. From Pike's Market I found an elevator that takes you down to the waterfront level where I did a little walking and just enjoying the waterfront. I did participate in a new attraction(at least for me) "Wings over Washington Flying Ride". If you like the Wings over California attraction at Disney Parks, this is same type attraction featuring scenes from Washington State. I really liked it. After riding this attraction I headed back up to Pike's Market level and to the Monorail for a ride out to Seattle Center for a light lunch of fruit smoothie and french fries. Got back to the room before 4 PM to rest and pack for my Via Rail CANADIAN train ride across Canada that begins tomorrow night.

I leave Seattle at 7:45 AM tomorrow by Amtrak Seattle to Vancouver arriving around noon. Will weather permitting spend a few hours exploring Vancouver and return to the Via Rail Station by 7 PM  to check in for the train. Since there will be limited cellular signals available except in the cities just know that I am traversing across Canada Tuesday night to sometime Saturday 17th or possibly even Sunday depending of the time keeping of Via Rail. There are only two trains a week each way and the current eastbound CANADIAN is 18 hours late just east of Winnipeg. That's why I booked two nights in Toronto. So this is the last laptop update until I arrive in Toronto or possibly even home in Nashville depending on just how late the CANADIAN arrives in Toronto. My flights home to Nashville are Monday, February 19 leaving Toronto at 12:15 PM.

Here are photos from Seattle today:










You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. 


All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.