Saturday, February 24, 2018

Amtrak and Via Rail Train Trip - February 1-19, 2018 - Photo Galleries Updated

Canadian Wildlife Near Jasper 


Amtrak and Via Rail Train Trip - February 1-19, 2018 - Photo Galleries Updated

Amazing adventure - Crossing the North American continent twice, westward across the United States and eastward across Canada was just amazing. Since my last update, I have flown American Airlines from Toronto to home in Nashville,TN. Actually I have enjoyed Spring like weather since returning home. Nashville has set new high temperature records in the 80's a couple days and we have been getting the springtime rain showers. Now I am ready to be home all of March and Easter Sunday April 1 before traveling again. I might visit some friends near Knoxville, TN, but otherwise I plan to be home.l

As the blog titles says, I have optimized, organized, and updated all my photos for this Winter Rail Trip into 12 photo galleries and one gallery of mini movies. You can check out all of these galleries from this link:



To summarize, I rode five Amtrak trains and Via Rail's CANADIAN while overnighting in Washington, DC; Chicago, IL; Emeryville, CA; Seattle, WA; and Toronto, Canada for total of ten nights in hotels and eight nights on board trains. This will definitely be my most extensive trip of 2018. So from those 19 days I have chosen these photos to represent the trip. Remember to click on the link above to see all the photo galleries.

California Zephyr in Gore Canyon Colorado

Coast Starlight in Portland, OR, next to the Empire Builder

Via Rail's CANADIAN in the Canadian Rockies

My eastbound CANADIAN meets the westbound CANADIAN

CANADIAN traveling through Ontario Canada


2018 Travel

I have planned one more rail travel trips and one trip to visit my Louisiana home.

May 2018 Louisiana Home Trip - Currently planning trip to my Louisiana home to visit with family and attend high school graduation of Sadie Young, daughter of long time Tennessee friends Todd and Amy Young. The Young's now live in Stonewall, Louisiana. Detail travel dates yet to be determined.

June 2018 Amtrak Trip - June 3-23, I'll travel Amtrak's Crescent, Cardinal, Empire Builder, and Coast Starlight visiting New Orleans, New York City, Chicago, Seattle and Los Angeles.  Will fly Southwest Airlines to New Orleans and then fly American Airlines Los Angeles to Nashville. Excited to visit New York City friends and attend Broadway's DEAR EVAN HANSEN. 

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************


EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.