Monday, July 31, 2017

July 2017 - Family Wedding in Louisiana and Visiting Friends in Plano, Texas

Newly Weds Cheri Hall and Mathew Malec

Family Times in Louisiana and Texas

I did not plan to do a travel blog to cover these more personal family times but this travel blog is a good way to share with family and others the photos I took while attending the wedding festivities around my great niece Cheri's marriage to Mathew Malec in Benton/Bossier City, LA, and also visiting my long time Nashville friends Bill and Mary Todd Young in Plano(Dallas), Texas, on the way to the wedding.  Check the photo galleries linked below:


Cheri and Matt's Wedding July 15, 2017


Visiting Bill and Mary T. Young in Plano, TX, July 2017

Future 2017 Travel Plans

My future 2017 travel plans includes a visit with friends in Albuquerque in October to experience the balloon fest and some family activities in July and August.

October 4-14 Albuquerque Balloon Fest and Las Vegas -- Will fly American Airlines to Chicago October 4 in the morning and board Amtrak's Southwest Chief that afternoon 3 PM.  The Southwest Chief will arrive afternoon of October 5. My friends, the Andersons, will pick me up and deliver me to my hotel for five nights. While in Albuquerque, the Andersons will be my host and together we will take in all the balloon fest activities and experience my first time staying in Albuquerque.  One of the must do activities will be to ride the commuter train the Railrunner from downtown Albuquerque to Santa Fe and return.  By the way, I met the Andersons while riding the Durango and Silverton Railroad on my 2012 Colorado Road Trip.  At the time they were living in their RV but now have a one bedroom apartment in Albuquerque. 

After five nights in Albuquerque, I will fly Southwest Airlines to Las Vegas and four nights at Caesar's Palace. It's been a while since I last visited so I have already purchased my front row seat to see Cirque Du Soleil's  "O' at the Bellagio. I'll fly American Airlines home to Nashville Saturday October 14.


Cataract Surgery - Since I am undergoing cataract surgery August 16(left eye) and August 30(right eye), August and September are take it easy recovery time.  Also, I will not plan any additional 2017 travel or 2018 travel until I have financially recovered from the cataract surgery expenses since the lens implants I am getting are consider premium not covered by Medicare lenses. I am getting two corrections - distance and astigmatism. Only one correction is covered. I will still have to wear glasses for closeups.




You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. 

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************


EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.