Tuesday, June 6, 2017

June 6 - Rainy Day Turns to Dry Afternoon in New Orleans

My last day in New Orleans began as a dreary rainy morning so thought I was going to be indoors all day.  But around 2 PM it began to dry out and the outdoors was calling for me.  It was too late to go the the National World War II Museum(it closes with last showing of the feature film at 4 PM) so I decided to go to the Aquarium since I have never been inside.  I enjoyed the visit and followed it up by walking up the riverfront to the French Quarters for an ice cream cone.  It's unusual but I then took my only streetcar ride this trip back to the Riverwalk Mall area and my last visit this trip to Cafe Du Monde for cafe au latte and beignets.  Even bought an order of beignets to bring back with me to my room for Wednesday morning since I need to leave the hotel around 6:45 AM to the Amtrak Union Station in New Orleans for my 9 AM Sunset Limited departure.

So long to New Orleans until I return Saturday, June 17.

Here are today's photos taken by my Canon digital camera.


Me, Reagan, down by the riverside
























I'll close with a little personal note.  I'm praying for my young friend Parker Glenn(will be high school senior this coming school year) for successful hip replacement surgery and quick recovery. Parker's surgery was Monday in Nashville. Also, Parker played high school hockey and is a big fan of the Nashville Predators so I'm Standing with Parker and the Nashville Predators as they continue battling the Pittsburgh Penguins in the NHL Stanley Cup Finals.  GO PARKER!  GO PREDATORS!