Monday, June 26, 2017

June 4-20 Amtrak Summer 2017 Adventure - New Orleans and Portland, OR - Photo Galleries are Uploaded

Amtrak Adventure Began on Sunset Limited

June 2017 Amtrak New Orleans to Portland Adventure Galleries


Another great Amtrak Adventure is completed and Reagan's Photo Galleries have been updated with ten galleries of photos and three videos.  I flew to New Orleans June 4 to begin the trip staying three nights before boarding Amtrak's Sunset Limited to Los Angeles CA Wednesday June 7 connecting to Amtrak's Coast Starlight traveling on to Portland, OR. Portland is one my favorite public transportation cities. While in Portland, I did two day tours from Portland visiting Multnomah Falls and other falls along the Columbia River and also visiting the Oregon Coast. Following my stay in Portland, I traveled June 14 on Amtrak's Cascades train to Seattle. After about three hours in Seattle I boarded the Empire Builder for a two night trip to Chicago connecting to Amtrak's City of New Orleans to return to New Orleans for three more nights before flying home to Nashville June 20.  Thanks to Southwest Airlines for two safe on time flights from Nashville to New Orleans and return. 

The ten photo albums are available for your viewing at:


Rather than link all ten photo galleries separately, I recommended accessing all ten photo galleries from the link above.  In the meantime here are some of my favorite photos.






And to close here is one of the videos I took.  That's my sleeping car attendant yelling out from the car as it passed.  I was able to take this video because they were just re positioning the train on the station ramp after letting us off.





Future 2017 Travel Plans

My future 2017 travel plans includes a visit with friends in Albuquerque in October to experience the balloon fest and some family activities in July and August.

October 4-14 Albuquerque Balloon Fest and Las Vegas -- Will fly American Airlines to Chicago October 4 in the morning and board Amtrak's Southwest Chief that afternoon 3 PM.  The Southwest Chief will arrive afternoon of October 5. My friends, the Andersons, will pick me up and deliver me to my hotel for five nights. While in Albuquerque, the Andersons will be my host and together we will take in all the balloon fest activities and experience my first time staying in Albuquerque.  One of the must do activities will be to ride the commuter train the Railrunner from downtown Albuquerque to Santa Fe and return.  By the way, I met the Andersons while riding the Durango and Silverton Railroad on my 2012 Colorado Road Trip.  At the time they were living in their RV but now have a one bedroom apartment in Albuquerque. 

After five nights in Albuquerque, I will fly Southwest Airlines to Las Vegas and four nights at Caesar's Palace. It's been a while since I last visited so I have already purchased my front row seat to see Cirque Du Soleil's  "O' at the Bellagio. I'll fly American Airlines home to Nashville Saturday October 14.

Family Time - In July and August I will be traveling some to be with family for great niece Cheri's Louisiana wedding and then to east Tennessee to attend my great niece Kellie's "white coat" ceremony as she begins pharmacy school at East Tennessee State University. I'll also use that travel to visit with family and friends in North Louisiana and the Dallas, TX, area. I'm not planning to do blog updates during those trips.

Cataract Surgery - After I return home from the family event mid August, I will be dedicating the remainder of August and all of September to having cataract surgery and recovery.  Since the new lens and related doctor cost are not covered by insurance, I'll be directing my travel money toward this expenditure. That means no new travel plans remainder of 2017 and into 2018.


You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. 

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************



EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.