Tuesday, June 20, 2017

June 20 - Home is Where the Heart Is -- And That's Where I Am

Just a very short update to let you know I left rainy New Orleans this afternoon and arrive home around 6 PM Central Time today.  Thanks to Southwest Airlines for getting me here.

No pictures but here is my near term life events.  First, my 2006 Sony Vaio has official died or at least refuses to power on since I think the battery is officially dead and the USB ports other than one no longer provide a valid connection.  Good thing I ordered a new second generation Notebook Lenova Thinkpad 13 inch and it will hopefully arrive before I leave for Texas and Louisiana to visit long time friends " the Young's"  in Dallas(Plano) and then back to Shreveport/Bossier City, LA, to attend my great niece Cheri's wedding on July 15.

Second, I go the my eye doctor Monday, June 26, for measurements and discussion of lens implants and possible scheduling of my cataract removal surgery after I return from my July trip to Texas and Louisiana.

And most important, I look forward to getting back to worship at my church Forest Hills Baptist and working with the 5th grade guys in Sunday morning Bible study.

My Dell desktop computer is working well so I shall also be optimizing, organizing, and uploading my trip photos to  my photo galleries.  I let you know with a blog update when they are ready for you to view.

Before leaving New Orleans today, I did go to the Cafe Du Monde for cafe au lait and beignets.  Here are IPhone photos I took there.