Tuesday, June 13, 2017

June 13 - Oregon Coast and Steam Railroad Ride

My last full day in Portland today and my last laptop generated blog update.  Tomorrow I depart Portland for Seattle 8:20 AM on the Amtrak Cascades train arriving just after noon.  After 4 hours in Seattle, I depart on Amtrak's Empire Builder to Chicago to connect on Friday to the City of New Orleans scheduled to arrive New Orleans Saturday late afternoon.  So that means, I'll return to IPhone generated blog updates with IPhone photos.

Today, I spent the full day on the Oregon Coast first visiting the Tillamonk Dairy Coop for cheese and ice cream. The ice cream was so good. After leaving Tillamonk Dairy Coop, we visited several beaches along the coast and rode a tourist steam railroad a short distance.  Our tour guide Carrie was very good and made the day a pleasure.  Oh! My two travel companions today were Auburn University students from Birmingham. Here are today's photos.


Me in front of Haystack Rock on Oregon coast





My travel companions from Auburn University