Monday, June 12, 2017

June 12 - Multnomah Falls and other falls

Today as waterfall day as I took a small van tour out along the Columbia River on old US 30. Our tour guide was a young man John who gave me and six others a knowledgeable and well organized tour of several falls along US 30 with Multnomah Falls the main event. Multnomah Falls is the second highest waterfall in US second only to Yosemite Falls in California. Today was a very overcast wet day as you can tell from the photos but only light rain showers when it did rain. I had a great time and now am looking forward to heading to the Oregon coast tomorrow.  Here are today's photos.








My tour guide, John


Back in downtown Portland where these rent able bikes
in front of the Nike Store are similarly located throughout Portland

Even though they lost last night, I am proud of the Nashville Predators and there representing Nashville to the nation. They are CHAMPIONS in my book.  

Incidentally, this evening as I waited for the elevator in my hotel(I was wearing my Titans cap) a young couple ask me if I was from Nashville. They were also from Nashville and knew my neighborhood Grassland where I live in Nashville. Interestingly, that was not an isolated case. I meet Tennesseans and Nashvillians everywhere I travel.

Note to Charlie Doggett - As we checked out the waterfalls in the wet weather, I thought of the day you and I toured the waterfall park in Coasta Rica in the rain. Also saw a Raven flying but could not get a photo.