Sunday, June 11, 2017

June 11 - Portland City and Oregon Heritage Railroad Museum

After a good night's rest in a real bed, I was ready for a little adventuring today. I've mastered the Portland Light Rail(Oh, that Nashville would be so progressive with public transportation) and can go just about anywhere I want on the system and they run every ten minutes even on Sunday.  My first stop was the Hop on Hop off tour that refreshed my knowledge of the highlights of a Portland visit.  That tour ended with me getting off to walk across the Willamette River to the Oregon Heritage Railroad Museum. I returned to hotel for a lunch break which I got from a food truck. Portland is a haven for food trucks and open air markets. Neat thing is that all these markets, food trucks and VooDoo Doughnuts are just outside of my hotel. Here are today's photos.




My hotel the Embassy Suites

VooDoo Doughnuts-very popular in Portland




Oregon Heritage Railroad Museum


My First Rail Vacation in 1965 was on Great Northern's Empire Builder
Chicago to Seattle roundtrip


I'm watching the Stanley Cup Finals from Nashville as I write this.  I am proud of the Smashville Predators.

Tomorrow I'll be taking an afternoon trip to Multnomah Falls and along the Columbia River and Tuesday I am heading to the Oregon Coast to Tillamonk for a all day tour and ride on the Oregon Coast tourist railroad.