Friday, April 21, 2017

Reagan's Amtrak Adventure April 21, 2017

I am homeward bound tomorrow Saturday so this is my last daily update post for this trip. I covered a lot of our USA and ridden six different Amtrak named trains -- Amtrak's Crescent, Capitol Limited, California Zephyr, San Joaquin, Illinois Lincoln Service, and Acela Express. Despite the threat of thunderstorms, today has been nice and warm(in the 80's) and rain free. This morning I rode the Acela Express to Philadelphia and back. After a ham and cheese croissant for lunch, I visited the Smithsonian Museum of American History. There were many interesting exhibits on three different floors.

I'm trusting Southwest Airlines to get me home tomorrow around 2 PM Central Time. Just hope the weather cooperates. Looking forward to getting back to Forest Hills Baptist Church Sunday and the fifth grade guys in Sunday School.

Next week is doctor appointment week seeing my surgeon for follow up on my December surgery, my dentist, and my primary care physician Tuesday through Thursday. During the next couple weeks I'll work on uploading my digital photos to Reagan's Photo Galleries and post a final blog update post to let you know all the photos are ready for you to view.

Here are the IPhone photos for today.