Thursday, April 20, 2017

Reagan's Amtrak Adventure April 20, 2017

Traveled overnight from Chicago to Washington, DC, on Amtrak's Capitol Limited. First train on this trip that was late. As I slept last night we had an "engine" die and replaced losing 2 hours so we arrived in DC 3:30 PM giving us daylight travel from Pittsburgh, PA, to DC. We traveled through Pennsylvania,West Virginia, and Maryland today. I was tired after traveling and sleeping on trains seven nights of these past ten nights so I was sleepy and found the scenery on the Capitol Limited not as interesting as the others I have traveled on this trip. Just two many trees.

Only one more day of train riding tomorrow Friday. I'll be riding on Amtrak's Acela Express trains to Philadelphia and return.

Getting home to Nashville Saturday may be a little rough as I hear that severe thunderstorms are predicted.

Also, "not travel related" the NFL 2017 regular season schedule was released tonight. As a Tennessee Titans season ticket holder I was interested and found the number of home games in Nashville November and December disappointing as we play 5 of our 8 games in November(2) and December(3) including games Christmas Eve and New Year's Eve. So I'll put my three December games up for sale right away. Only one home game in October and it's a Monday night game with Indianapolis and keeping with the Eve routine that game is on the eve of my birthday. The game is on October 16.

Good thing about all this--I now can accept the invitation of friends in Albuquerque, New Mexico, to visit and attend the "hot air balloon" festivities in early October.

Here are the IPhone photos for today. Those photos with the US Capitol dome is view from my room at the Hilton Garden Inn in DC near Union Station.