Friday, January 27, 2017

Amtrak Winter Adventure January 2017 - January 27 - Sierras

Ready to go Amtraking in the Snow


For the Beauty of the Earth

For two days I have been awe struck traveling through both snowy Colorado Rockies and California Sierras.  Especially today as we crossed over the Sierras in California I was amazed at the handiwork of God in nature.  I kept silently singing in my mind this great hymn I learned as a child.

For the beauty of the earth,
For the glory of the skies,
For the love which from our birth
Over and around us lies,
Lord of all, to thee we raise
This our hymn of grateful praise


The lead photo above and the first three photos below are from Colorado.  The remaining photos are just a small sampling of the photos I took crossing the Sierra Nevadas today. I am posting these using a very slow internet at the Hyatt House Hotel in Emeryville so no comments with each photo.





The below photos are from the Sierra Nevadas and arriving Emeryville




















Apparently one of the freight cars that derailed during the snow storms





There are many more photos that I will post in my photo galleries so look for them in a week or so.

I do plan to use tomorrow(Saturday) and a free rest and relaxation day. I plan to take Amtrak's Coast Starlight Sunday to Los Angeles for two night stay at the LAX Hilton before flying home Tuesday morning from LAX to Nashville.  I'll plan to do another update Monday from Los Angeles.

****
You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. 

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************


EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.