Friday, December 23, 2016

Merry Christmas 2016



Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays!

Thank you to each of my travel blog followers and a sincere wish that your Christmas will be blessed and merry!  

Also, I would like to update you on my outpatient surgery this past Tuesday. The surgery went well and my surgeon was encouraging and we are expecting a good report when the tissue is examined for possible cancer cells. My recovery from the surgical procedure has been better than expected with only a little discomfort at times but no genuine pain. I am thanking and praising God and my two very special care givers. My adopted Tennessee family Russ Bradley picked me up at 5 AM Tuesday, took me to the Centennial Outpatient Surgical Center, stayed with me, met with the doctor while I was still under sedation, and then updated me on his meeting with the doctor and my post operative instructions including stopping at the pharmacy to pick up prescribed medicine as he drove me to stay overnight with church friend Charlotte Young. Even after arriving at the Young residence, he took me in and visited with Charlotte to go over the post operative instructions. Not only that, he has checked on me every day. My other care giver Charlotte Young provided me a place to stay while she and her husband looked after me, providing me several good meals and company for the first day of recovery when I really did not know what to expect as the doctor had assured me there would be pain for a couple of weeks. Thank you, Russ and Charlotte.

I'll be spending part of Christmas Eve with Russ Bradley and friend Daniel at the Bradley home watching the Tennessee Titans game with Jacksonville. I also plan to attend worship services at Forest Hills Baptist Church Christmas Eve and Christmas morning. Christmas morning after worship, I plan to be with another special friend Helen Glenn for Christmas Day breakfast with the Glenn family.

For each of you, I hope this is a happy season of celebrating the birthday of our Savior Jesus Christ. That hope includes travel safety, times of family fellowship, and worship with Christian friends.  

And a Happy New Year 2017!