Wednesday, December 7, 2016

Amtrak Fall Coast to Coast Adventure - Trip Complete - Christmas is Coming

The Polar Express in Chicago's Union Station

I arrived back into Washington, DC, this afternoon on the eastbound Amtrak Capitol Limited from Chicago to complete my round trip coast to coast adventure. Now I am ready to fly home to Nashville tomorrow.  

As I have traveled during this Christmas season I have looked for and enjoyed all the decorations and signs of Christmas across our country. One of the best is the trees and even The Polar Express in the Great Hall of Chicago's Union Station. The photo above is just one of the decorations at Chicago's Union Station.

My train to DC came through Cumberland, Maryland, and Martinsburg, West Virgina today -- my first time through either of those cities. Below are in the photos of Christmas and my travel today.  

Christmas Tree in my Chicago Hotel

Chistmas Ornaments and Trees in Chicago's Union Station 


Wreath in Chicago's Union Station

Cumberland, Maryland

Cumberland, Maryland

Martinsburg, West Virginia
Martinsburg, West Virginia

Thanks for traveling along with me again. Today's update wraps up this trip.  I'll post an update blog once I have updated all my photos to Reagan's Photo Galeries website in a week or so.