Saturday, December 3, 2016

Amtrak Fall Coast to Coast Adventure - December 2

Friends and Followers of My Blog,

I am late posting today's laptop update.  As I have traveled beginning Sunday afternoon November 27 I began experiencing a rare for me head cold with coughing and nasal congestion and drainage.  No chest congestion as of yet.  Even had some but not complete laryngitis a couple days.  So after arriving Emeryville last night I enjoyed a meal at 6 PM and was in bed by 8 pm last night without doing this laptop update. I slept well for over six hours and am now doing this update at 5 am.  All these times are Pacific the local time here.  Health wise, I am improving and have had no fever, just coughing up a lot of junk.  I am still coughing with quiet times in between and coughing up the nasal drainage.  I'll check with Dr. Allen when I get home Thursday December 8 if not recovered by then.  I've not called yet because I have not stayed anywhere long enough get to pharmacy even if he wanted to prescribe anything.

I do get back on the California Zephyr this morning and will arrive Chicago Monday and stay overnight at Hampton Inn West Loop near the Union Station.  I will not plan to do another blog update until Monday night from Chicago.

Here are few snow photos as I crossed the Sierra Nevadas in California yesterday.






This last photo is after we crossed the Sierras and were approaching Sacramento, CA.  You can see the snow covered Sierras in the background.