Thursday, June 16, 2016

Via Rail and Amtrak Trip June 2016 - Nashville bound Friday, June 17

Riverwalk Outlet Connection at New Orleans' Hilton Riverside

My twentieth day away from home and, yes, I'm ready to be home in Nashville/Franklin, TN. Super Shuttle picks me up at 10:10 AM tomorrow Friday morning to take me to my Southwest Airlines 1:10 PM flight home to Nashville. My young friend Henry G. will be picking me up and taking me home in Nashville.  

I've stayed indoors most of today since New Orleans is experiencing triple digit heat index. Not good for us older folks. Stay indoors and "hydrate" is the motto. The photo above is of my hotel the Hilton Riverside. Good thing it is connected to the Riverwalk Outlet Mall. That's been the extent of my day's whereabouts. Time to convert to resting mode tonight and after I get home. 

I will indeed be home in Nashville for the foreseeable future. My next travel planned is October 3-12. I'll fly to Chicago for two nights at the Doubletree Wit Hotel before boarding my favorite Amtrak train the California Zephyr October 5 to Emeryville(San Francisco). I'll stay 3 nights in Emeryville and then catch Amtrak's Coast Starlight to Los Angeles. In Los Angeles I'll take the Fly Away bus from the train station to LAX Airport and two nights in the LAX Hilton. Wednesday April 12 I will fly American Airlines nonstop to Nashville.

Okay, folks, this is the last update for this trip.  When I have all my photos optimized, organized, and uploaded to my photo galleries, I will do an update to let you know they are ready for your viewing.


You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. 

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************


EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.