Sunday, June 12, 2016

Via Rail and Amtrak Trip June 2016 - Sunday in Albany, NY, June 12

Entrance to Albany's Hudson River Walkway

Me, Reagan, along the Hudson River in Albany, NY

My last full day in Albany began as a partly cloudy sunny day but became more of a brisk cloudy bright day with almost full cloud cover and very windy - 15-25 mph. After a late breakfast I walked the very short walk from my hotel to the Albany Hudson River Walk. This is another enjoyable riverside walkway provided by cities along the Hudson River in New York State. In the first photo you can see the city, state, and national flag at the entrance to the walkway with the river just beyond and city of Rensselaer on the other side where the Amtrak station is located. If you look closely, you will see an Amtrak train passing through. Being a government town Albany is very quiet on Sunday so I stopped by a Rite-Aid store and stocked up on ice cream, water, and Coke Zero planning to hang out at the hotel this afternoon and evening.

One of the great things about technology now is the ability to keep up with news, sports, and other things from home. This blog is a gift that technology provided to let me share my travels with you. In recent years, churches have been using technology to even stream their worship services and provide websites full of church information.  I took advantage of the streaming service provided by my former home church First Baptist Nashville this afternoon to worship with them.  I was surprisingly blessed to watch and hear a quartet of men including my closest adopted Bradley family member Russ singing during the worship service.  Here are three photos I captured from my laptop of the worship service.

Worship from First Baptist Church Nashville Sunday, June 12

Men's Quartet singing "I Sing the Mighty Power of God"

That my adopted family Russ B. in the light gray coat

Friends, how about a two day break in these updates? Tomorrow I board Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited for an overnight trip to Chicago. After a fairly long day between trains in Chicago, I depart Tuesday night on Amtrak's City of New Orleans bound for New Orleans in my home state Louisiana.  I'll do my next update Wednesday night from New Orleans where I will stay two nights at the Hilton Riverside. Friday afternoon June 17, I'll fly home to Nashville. Surprisingly, I have no future travel plans until October so it will be good to become a home body in Tennessee for a while.


You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. 

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************


EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.