Wednesday, June 15, 2016

Via Rail and Amtrak Trip June 2016 - New Orleans Wednesday, June 15

Me(Reagan) in along side Amtrak's City of New Orleans

Well, after three days and two nights I've completed my last train ride for this trip. Both Amtrak's Lake Shore Limited and City of New Orleans transported me to Chicago for a 9 hour lay over and then on to New Orleans arriving this afternoon around 3 PM. The journey was not without an exciting end though. After all the checked baggage was delivered and picked up, my bag was no where to be found. Kudos to New Orleans Amtrak personnel checking and contacting baggage people in Chicago and Albany. No evidence was found in those two places that my bag was find-able. The New Orleans employees took down all the information and sent me on to my hotel. Since I was wearing long sleeve shirt and not knowing when or if my luggage would show up, I bought a Kenneth Cole short sleeve shirt at the nearby Riverwalk Outlets Mall connected to my hotel.  Happily, Amtrak called me about 8 tonight and told me my bag came in on the Cresent train from New York and they delivered the bag to me at my hotel around 9 PM. All is good. I hope my bag enjoyed traveling on two separate trains from me. I learned a lesson to not check a bag at Albany. 

I did get to spend about 9 hours in Chicago yesterday which included a visit to the top of the Willis Tower 103 floors high and a stroll south of Union Station to a place I could watch trains departing south and also find a Panera Bread store where I had a good cup of Chicken Noodle soup and frozen lemonade. In my walk I passed the best flower aroma from the flowers in the photo below.

Flowers in Chicago with most pleasant aroma

I think tomorrow will simply be a spontaneous day in New Orleans with rest and recuperation.  Looking forward to flying home Friday afternoon on Southwest Airlines. Time for a long, long time enjoying life at home. Looking forward to the Tennessee Titans 2016 NFL season and worship at home with my Forest Hills Baptist fellowship. 

I've taken over 1,300 photos which I will work on and update my Reagan's Photo Galleries in next few weeks. When ready, I post an update to let you know they are available for your viewing.


You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. 

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************


EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email
to receive each new blog post to in your email inbox.