Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Road trip to Galesburg, Illinois, to watch Amtrak trains April 27 to May 2, 2015

Amtrak California Zephyr at Galesburg, IL

Road trip to Galesburg, Illinois, to watch Amtrak trains April 27 to May 2, 2015 - In less than two weeks, I will be driving from Nashville to Champaign, IL, for one overnight stay.  The next day Tuesday I will drive on to Galesburg for a day watching Amtrak passenger trains and overnight in Galesburg.  Two long distance passenger trains Amtrak's California Zephyr and Southwest Chief pass through Galesburg both to and from Chicago with a "fresh air" break for passengers.  The photo above is from my stop in Galesburg in October 2013 on the California Zephyr.  

Wednesday afternoon I will return to Champaign for two night stay.  Two regional Amtrak trains between Chicago and Carbondale, IL, pass through Champaign.  I will be riding the train on Thursday to and from Chicago for a fun outing.  Below is a photo I took from the train while passing through Champaign this past September 2014.  Also Amtrak's City of New Orleans passes through Champaign but does so early morning and late evening.

View of Champaign, IL, from Amtrak's Illini 



Another view of Champaign, IL, from Amtrak's Illini

I do enjoy photographing passenger trains as a "rail fan" so I'm looking forward to visiting two cities I have only passed through on the train. Lots of fun for me to anticipate and experience the arrival and departure of the trains and photographing those trains and surrounding activity. Also Galesburg does have a railroad museum I will check out.

If you would like to check out some of my older photo galleries, check out these galleries which featured the three photos above.


and


Note to email subscribers:  Thanks for signing up.  There are 45 of you now and I appreciate you keeping up with me as I travel.  I will not be emailing a link to this particular blog post to anyone nor posting a link to it on Facebook.  So I will appreciate you recommending my blog to others and suggesting they sign up to receive these blog posts in their email.  


You can click on any of the small photos in this blog to open a full size photo. You can also click on the highlighted photo gallery titles to open up the full gallery on a new webpage. Also, click on the "blog title" at the top to view this blog on the web.

All my photos are available to view on Reagan's Photo Galleries website.


************************************

EMAIL SUBSCRIPTIONS --  CLICK HERE to sign up your email

to receive each new blog post to Reagan's Travel  and Photo Galleries Update Blog.